Family Weekend 2023
The staff at the Haas Center for Public Service are thrilled to welcome you to Stanford’s Family Weekend 2023 and invite you to our Open House on February 24, 3:00-4:30 pm.
Get connected to service at Stanford
This brief slideshow gives an overview of the unique service opportunities that are part of the academics and culture at Stanford.
The Haas Center for Public Service is the hub of the university-wide Cardinal Service effort and a home for service at Stanford. The Haas Center inspires Stanford University to realize a more just and sustainable world through service, scholarship, and community partnerships.
Through Cardinal Service, students can serve locally, nationally, and around the world with Stanford support. Students join a caring community, pursue meaningful service, and play a role in creating positive change through transformative programs that include:
- Cardinal Quarter: Pursue one of 500 full-time, quarter-long internships offered by more than 30 campus partners. Build knowledge, skills, and networks while making meaningful contributions to communities across the globe.
- Cardinal Courses: Enroll in more than 150 community-engaged learning courses across disciplines to apply what you are learning with renowned faculty to hands-on service with community organizations to address complex social and environmental issues.
- Cardinal Commitment: Get support to make a significant service commitment for at least three quarters through more than 100 student-led and community organizations and Stanford programs.
- Cardinal Careers: Get support to pursue a public service career or to integrate service into any career through high-impact recruiting and networking events, internship and career opportunities, digital resources, and coaching and advising tailored to your professional goals and interests.
Get started in service
Programs and deadlines
for ways to stay in the loop about upcoming service events and programs. You will also see upcoming application deadlines to participate in full-time, funded service this summer.
Stories of service
Browse stories from students who have participated in service programs on the Cardinal Service website.
Explore service opportunities to address the issues you care about most
Students can search through hundreds of service opportunities by their area(s) of interest:
- Arts and Media
- Education and Youth Development
- Environmental Sustainability
- Human Rights
- Law, Policy, and Justice
- Socioeconomic Prosperity
- Technology and Engineering
Questions? We are here to help.
If you have questions or want to know more, we hope you will reach out to us. We are always happy to talk about the Haas Center for Public Service and Cardinal Service. Contact Reza Rezvani or Kelly Beck-Sordi.