An AFP internship will provide you invaluable experience working alongside some of the nation’s most influential policy advocates in close proximity to the Nation’s Capital. You will have the chance to learn first hand how we Recruit, educate, and mobilize citizens in support of the policies and goals of a free society at the local, state, and federal level. This mission allows for AFP/F to help every American live their dream—especially the less fortunate.
We provide internships in every Department in our Arlington, VA HQ office, including: Legal, Human Resources, Training, Finance, Operations, Information Technology, Development, Policy, State Operations, Marketing, Communications, Foundations, and Events.
In addition to practical experience interns acquire in their department placements, intern programming offers educational and skill enhancing seminars. Interns regularly attend events where they can meet and talk with the nation’s leading policy-makers, in addition to establishing friendships and a contacts list that will last a lifetime. Intern programming includes, but is not limited to:
- Bi-weekly meetings in which the interns meet as a whole with the Intern Program Coordinator
- Weekly policy briefings hosted by the AFP/F policy experts, that discus domestic policy issues within our legislative purview
- Special events with the Chief of Staff, Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operating Officer, and President
- Practical skills workshops that teach: Researching, Office Etiquette, Resume Writing, and Grant Writing
- Offsite trips to Capitol Hill and AFP/F’s local field offices
The ideal candidate will have a commitment to the principles of the organization—specifically, a firm commitment to advancing every individual’s right to economic freedom and opportunity through free markets. Interns are expected to be able to fulfill a 40 hour per week intern role within their department. Internship roles are open to all levels of experience.