Bread for the World offers interns the chance to share in winning policy changes that get at the core of hunger and poverty. As a Bread intern, you will benefit from supervised learning and gain professional experience at a nonprofit organization. We invite college students and recent graduates from diverse backgrounds to join us. Our staff includes people with a wide range of skills and religious views, both Christian and non-Christian.
Internships are available in the Washington, D.C., office of Bread for the World. They are unpaid. Interns may receive travel reimbursement up to $125 per month. An internship normally lasts for three months, but the length may vary, depending on the students’ interests or need to fulfill school requirements. Internships are offered in most departments. Please visit the careers page for current opportunities.
Intern learning opportunities include:
- Doing an Offering of Letters training
- Attending Lobby Day (in June) and hearings on Capitol Hill
- Supporting activists to help organize local teams, campus, and statewide groups
- Planning conferences and field work and developing grassroots volunteer leaders
- Media relations
- Membership and development
- Research and writing