Cardinal Service Ambassadors
Stanford students are cooking together in a residential kitchen.
The Cardinal Service Ambassadors connect residents in their upperclass (non-frosh) dorms to service opportunities and spread the word about Cardinal Service, a university-wide initiative to elevate and expand service as a distinctive feature of Stanford education. With a small time commitment (approximately 1 hour/month), Ambassadors can make a big difference to students interested in getting involved with public service at Stanford. Check out the links below for more details about the Cardinal Service Ambassadors program.
Why Be a Cardinal Service Ambassador?
It is not necessary for Cardinal Service Ambassadors to be public service rock stars – the Haas Center staff will make sure they have the information needed to be successful in the role. Ambassadors will be encouraged to refer their dormmates interested in service to the Haas Center for Public Service to obtain additional information and resources.
As an Ambassador you will have a variety of opportunities:
- Receive mentorship and guidance from Haas Center staff members to coordinate service events for your residence.
- Become an important resource for your dormmates interested in exploring or pursuing public service at Stanford.
- Attend quarterly meetings to learn about the latest service resources and opportunities within the Haas Center, throughout Stanford, in our local community and beyond.
- Spread the news about service by sharing Cardinal Service opportunities with your dorm’s email list and delivering announcements at your house meetings.
- Provide valuable feedback on programs and public service promotions to the Haas Center.
- Join an inspirational group of service-oriented peers!
Becoming an Ambassador
Students interested in serving as a Cardinal Service Ambassador should email Reza Rezvani.
Who Is My Cardinal Service Ambassador?
Residents should feel free to reach out to the Cardinal Service Ambassador in their residence to learn more about the Haas Center of Public Service, Cardinal Service, and dorm service opportunities. If you do not know who is your Cardinal Service Ambassador, contact Reza Rezvani for more information.
Contact Reza Rezvani for more information about the Cardinal Service Ambassadors program.
Other Ways to Get Involved
What if you cannot commit to being your dorm’s Cardinal Service Ambassador? No worries! There are plenty of ways to get involved in service at Stanford. Here are just a few steps you can take to jumpstart your service journey on The Farm:
- Request a half-hour advising appointment with one of the Haas Center advisors. You’ll have our undivided attention to chat about your service passions and will received tailored advice about opportunities that align with your interests and schedule. If you don’t have time to set up an appointment, simply swing by Haas Center Room 103 anytime Monday through Friday 10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. for drop-in advising.
- Take 30 seconds to sign up for the Cardinal Service Digest and service4all email list to receive posts from student organizations, community partners, and Haas staff about service events, internships, job opportunities, and more!
- Continue exploring this website. It is jam packed with opportunities for you to get on your service path while at Stanford, fund your public service internship or project, integrate service into your studies, and reflect on your service experience.
- Check out more suggestions for getting involved here.